Thursday, February 16, 2012

Oy vey!

Last month the Rheumatologist changed Jeff’s Humira prescription to once a week vs every other week. We were both really excited because we thought this would help Jeff feel better sooner. Unfortunately that was not what happened. The prescription hung up in red tape between the doctor office and the insurance company for a month all while Jeff couldn’t get any of his Humira doses. We finally learned last Friday the insurance company denied the claim for once a week but reapproved his every other week dose which Jeff was able to pick up on Monday.

So while all that was happening Jeff was sick and not feeling well. Last week he was vomiting for a few days and on Friday vomited up blood. His primary doctor told him to take some medicine and if he vomited up more blood to go to the ER. Long story short we ended up in the ER where it was decided he probably tore his esophagus from all the vomiting. They put him on an anti-nausea medicine so his esophagus could heal faster.

Then this past Monday (three days later) Jeff took his first Humira dose in a month and he’s been doing great. He’s doing well enough that he will be going with the scouts snow camping tomorrow night. He’s really excited to go and I’m really excited for him to get out doing something he loves.

Oh and I almost forgot. Jeff also had a colonoscopy back in mid-January to look for Chrons disease. The results came back normal.

2 comments:

  1. I"m so sorry you guys have gone through so much. My heart aches for you guys. I'm glad that he's back on the medicine he needs. Hope you don't have any more issues with that blasted insurance company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope jeff continues to get better. I haven't read your blog for a while, so I hope things continue to look up for you.

    ReplyDelete