Friday, March 2, 2012

Camping

We started our camping early this year. Jeff was able to go camping with the scouts at Mt. Rainier 2 weeks ago and then last weekend we went camping at Ocean Shores. 

I was so excited to get out for a weekend I didn’t care that the weather report called for rain and temps in the 30s.  The campground looked more like a swamp but we were able to find a spot that wasn’t a small lake.  We spent a little bit of time at the beach before setting going back to camp.  We set up a tarp to get the rain off us while eating dinner and then we headed for what I hoped to be a relaxing goodnight sleep. 

Unfortunately by the time midnight rolled around the wind and ocean were extremely loud I woke up feeling nervous.  I checked my weather app to find out there was wind storm advisory (expecting gusts at 60 mph/falling trees & branches) and a high (30 ft.) surf advisory.  If you’re not familiar with the Pacific Northwest wind storms cause a lot of damage and there are always trees falling.  I feel nervous when I’m home during wind storms; the last place I wanted to be sleeping was in a tent under large trees.  We ended up staying the night but I didn’t get any sleep. As we were leaving we found that the ranger closed the campground due to power outages.

So the camping trip didn’t go as expect but it was nice to get away.

No comments:

Post a Comment