Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spring Weekends

I love spring weekends! On Friday, Jeff and I headed up to Deception Pass where we camped for the night. It was Bebe's first camping trip and she was an angel! She slept in with us until noon! I had the best night sleep! I love, love, love my sleeping pad and down filled sleeping bag. I believe that if people don't like camping, they don't have the right gear. Plus I love waking up to the sounds of birds chirping in the morning and the calming sound of light rain hitting the tent.


Jeff setting up the dog run. A must have when camping with dogs.

Jeff cooking egg, sausage muffins for breakfast. For dinner he made chicken, cheesy potatoes, carrots, salad, and of course our version of smores....fudge shortbread cookies with roasted marshmellows.

We left Deception Pass around 2pm and headed to the Tulip Festival. The tulip fields are amazing! Afterwards we spent a few hours in downtown Mount Vernon at the street fair.
A picture of my new glasses. I have not wanted to wear my contacts that much ever since I tore my cornea in Mexico. So on Monday I went to my optometrist and got my new glasses. Normally I would have gone with black but decided to take a different approach with bright red.


The last two weekends we spent time at my sisters vacation home. This is pretty much the view a short walk from her backyard. Amazing! There is a bunch of wildlife out there including a herd of elk behind the house. There is so much exploring you can do around the house with all of the woods and river. It's pretty awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment