Friday, March 26, 2010

Jeff and I went boogie boarding today. It was my first time and loved it! It is amazing when you can catch a big wave. Here are the only pics we were able to get from today.

The object in the distance is a water trampoline. We haven't tried it yet but there were some folks diving into the ocean from it.
With my eyes being almost shut in the photo below, I should mention that I tore my cornea in my right eye on Tuesday. I went to an eye doctor Wednesday morning who was fabulous. He put some medication to help heal it within 24 hours. Only problem is I still can't wear my contact so I've been half blind the last four days. I'll be so happy to be able to see 100% again tomorrow. I will never take my eyes for granted again!

Also, the weather has been great! It's been in the 80s but with the breeze you it feels like the low 70s. I always know when its around 4pm because there are very strong winds that come through.


Yesterday afternoon, Jeff and I walked along the beach. We were able to watch a baby sea turtle make its way to the ocean for the very first time. It was amazing to watch this turtle know exactly what to do. It would struggle to make its way to where the last wave hit the shore hoping to catch it. It took about 10 minutes until finally it made its way because the shore would sometimes push the turtle back farther than where it was before. Abolutely amazing to watch. Hopefully it will survive.


Another cool site was when we approached an entire family pulling in their fishing net from the sea. There were about seven family members including a little boy around 6 years old. When they pulled the net onto the shore we could see they caught some fish along with a few baby stingrays. They removed the stingrays immediately and released them back into the ocean. Again, a very cool site to see.


Tomorrows adventure...the Ultimate Outdoor adventure. We will be riding mules, zip lining through the jungle rooftop, and repeling down two waterfalls. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment