Saturday, November 21, 2009

Let's Go Skiing!

Yesterday, Jeff called to tell me that Snoqualmie Pass was opening this weekend. I've never skied at Snoqualmie and was excited to try the terrain and my new skis. This summer I bought skis and boots for $80 at the REI garage sale....so needless to say I have been waiting for the ski season to start for months! We got there around noon to find that it was not very crowded at all. After a few runs, Jeff decided it was time for us to go off trail and ski a bit in some powder. Afterwards, we did a few more runs before heading to the Family Pancake House to eat.

Snoqualmie is ok. It is a great hill for beginners as it is completely open without any trees but it can get boring really fast. I definitely prefer Stevens Pass. In the last four years since I've started skiing, I've been to Beaver, Alta, Snowbird, Targhee, Stevens, and Snoqualmie. My favorite place is Targhee. I would love to go back soon!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree about Targhee. They have the best beginners hill I have ever seen. You and Jeff should definitely try to make it out here some time during the ski season.

    ReplyDelete