Friday, September 25, 2009

OK, Hunter!

Hunter has been putting on some extra weight lately. Partly because I think, I am over feeding him. Hunter is a smart dog. He will let me know if we forgot to feed him by sitting next to his food dish. It gets my attention to feed him. However, lately I believe he has been using that scheme to trick me into feeding him a few extra meals.

Now first thing I did this morning was get up and pour Hunter his food. Then I proceeded to get ready. While getting ready for work, I noticed that Hunter was whining and not leaving his food dish. I’m thinking, “Are you serious! I just fed you. There is no way you are getting fed again!” Annoyed that he is begging for more food, I kept telling him NO and continued to get ready for work. After listening to him whine for ½ an hour, I finally had enough. I went to the laundry room and that is when I realized what was going on. Hunter’s food was still in his bowl and he did not have a single bite. You see, I forgot to tell him, “OK.” Hunter knows he is not allowed to eat until Jeff or I have said that magic word but boy did I feel bad this morning. Here he was starving, waiting for the ok to eat and there I was tormenting him, telling him, “NO, I already fed you!”
What a great dog owner I am!

2 comments:

  1. How do I get a dog like that? That's freakin awesome!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really is the best dog ever! but I might be a little bias. :)

    The food thing....that's all due to the Cesar Millan's book. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete