This week, I turn 25. I have to be honest….it is depressing! I will officially no longer be in my early twenties and feel a sense of loss of where the time went. So, I started to think back on the last 24 years of my life.
The First Fifteen Years:
When I was one, my mother ran over me with a 12-passenger van and yet somehow I survived. I guess I was meant to annoy some and bring sunshine to others. At the age of two, I probably ate and slept a lot…now that’s a life! When I was three, I had to get stitches and to this day can see the scar. That will teach me to walk on broken glass again. It also makes me wonder why my parents left a bag of broken glass on the floor. At the age of four, I moved to Malaysia. It was also when I started Kindergarten… I always knew I was a smart kid! Or so I thought until I was six and had to repeat first grade. On a more positive note, I found my first love in life at six…swimming! When I was seven, I moved back to the United States….well kind of I guess. I moved to Louisiana but it gave me more French and Cajun influences than American. Right after I turned eight, I had my first pecan pie! A few months later, I had my first King cake and attended my first Mardi Gras parade. The introductions to those two foods were very memorable. Then the best thing happened to me when I turned nine! I found my best friend! We were inseparable! When I was ten, I met another best friend...Beaux....the puppy my brother brought home. Eleven was when I learned how to play the clarinet. Twelve was the last time I played the clarinet. It was also the year, my first best friend moved away. At thirteen, I began my first year of junior high and the start of a bad haircut that lasted three years too long. I got rid of all of my pictures from this time, or so I thought until the invention of Facebook. When I was fourteen, I went to my very first dance and so began my teenage crushes. At fifteen, I began my first year of high school and actually got involved in clubs such as Interact and student council.
The Last Fifteen Years:
When I was sixteen, I moved to Houston. Moving to Houston, I met new friends, and that is how I became I balloon artist at seventeen. That’s right folks. I can make anything from poodles to love birds in a heart! When I was eighteen, I moved to Utah and began working as a dishwasher. It was also my first experience with snow and ice...and yes, I slipped many times walking around campus! At the age of nineteen, I met my husband. By twenty, we were married. When I was twenty-one, I became a mommy to a beautiful yellow lab puppy who is the love of my life....well the second love of my life. By twenty-two, I became an admin....it's the dream job I've always wanted! I always wanted a job where I can go hiking, camping, swimming, and fishing all the time. Ohhhhh wait....guess I'm still looking for my dream job. At the ripe age of twenty-three, I became a homeowner. At twenty-four, I decided to go back to school and began working on completing my business degree. I wonder what 25 has in store for me this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment