I thought I would write a quick update on Jeff's health.
June
Hernia surgery while visiting his family
August
Blood, fluid, and pain coming from his hernia incision. The incision had opened up a tiny bit.
September
We tested for MS. The results came back negative.
His naturopathic suggested to check for Whipple's disease next (scheduled for 11/3)
Jeff has really learned to be in tune with his body; knows his limits and allows himself to rest when he needs to.
October
Officially battling the disease for 3 years now.
He has been running a low fever, no appetite, and has been vomiting off and on the last four weeks.
An endoscopy is scheduled for next Thursday to check and get a biopsy of upper GI track.
We started juicing last week and it has been wonderful. Jeff's been drinking tons of fruits and veggies; his appetite is slowing increasing but still struggles with nausea and vomiting.
I'll provide an update once we get the results from the endoscopy and I'll communicate more regular updates through the blog.
One last thought as I wrap up this post is to pay attention how you think about and treat others. I was reminded of this lesson while waiting for the bus. The guy next to me mentioned his appendix was bursting. The entire trip I was thinking that the driver needs to drop him off first so he could get to the hospital. Normally I would be impatient to get to my stop, but not that day. I didn't care if it took an hour for me to get to my destination. All I cared about was that the person next to me got to the hospital. I was the only person on the bus who knew what was going on with him. It was a reminder to me most people never know what is really going on with someone. I try to remember this lesson every time I interact with someone.
-Andrea
I hope he continues to get better. As always, praying for you guys. Thanks for the wonderful reminder, too. :)
ReplyDelete