Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wisdom Teeth

Today I had my last two wisdom teeth removed. I decided to skip the anaesthesia and went for a cocktail instead. I drank the cocktail, sat down to relax while catching up on People and listening to my Zune. I started to feel a little relaxed but very alert the entire time.

After waiting a 1/2 hour, they were ready to pull out the first tooth. The top one came out OK but they took an x-ray to make sure they got all of the roots out. The bottom tooth was not fun. I had to stop them a few times before they could start the pulling/drilling as I still had feeling. After three extra shots, I could still feel a little bit but was so ready to get the procedure done I didn't tell them so they could just finish up. Turns out my bottom roots were crossed which is why it took a little longer for them to remove the tooth.

After I was done, they brought in my friend Amy who was there to drive me home. They gave me my prescriptions and the assistant walked me to the car even though I really didn't need the assistance. Amy drove me to McDonald's to pick up a free shake thanks to the Dr and then to drop off my prescriptions. Right after we got back to the condo, Jeff came home.

I felt really great after the surgery but after a few hours the nausea and pain set in. I've thrown up a few times already. I think it is from all the blood I've been swallowing. It's 11pm and I'm still changing out the gauze and feel nauseated. Really hoping I feel better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment