Friday, May 14, 2010

Landscaping Project

If you have ever been to our condo, you know that its surrounded by forest. You also know that in the front there was a large dirt field. After being disgusted with the erosion and falling into large dirt pits I went out at 6am and started working on smoothing out the dirt and filling the large sink holes. Then Jeff and I went to Home Depot and bpught lots of plants including azaleas, roses, hydrangeas, a Japanese maple tree, magnolia tree, weeping cherry tree, and lots of ground cover plants. We also have tomato, strawberry, blue berry, and basil plants. We even got gravel for a path I made that goes toward the back of the house. It all started with us but as the neighbors saw what we were doing, they got really excited and wanted to help out. It was really neat to have neighbors we've never met or seen come and help out.

If you can imagine, before there was nothing there before. No plants and no path. Just the large surrounding trees and a bunch of tree roots and sink holes.




We still have a little more work to do. When it all done, I'll post the final pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment