Saturday, May 22, 2010

Jeff has been bugging me for 5 years to get a bike. He loves to ride his bikes, especially his road bike. Last year, I looked at a few but my heart just wasn't in it. The last time I really rode was when I was 12. I did bike in college but only the summer after my Freshman year. I never really got into riding bikes, because I prefer to walk and hike.

So last month for admin appreciation day, my bosses were so generous and gave me a gift card to REI. I've been thinking long and hard as to what I wanted. I have everything for camping so I thought maybe I would buy a new climbing harness. Then I received the REI anniversary sale magazine in the mail and saw that all the bikes were going to be 15% off. So after thinking about it, I mentioned to Jeff that maybe I should use my gift card to help fund my bike. So this afternoon Jeff and I headed for REI.



The store was packed! There were bikes everywhere! I had already decided on my bike from the online catalog and search until I found it! Sure enough they had an extra small! After two test rides, I decided to make the plunge and buy it! I even bought a cute helmet that was 25% off to complete my set up.



On the way home, Jeff said he was so glad that it was my idea to buy the bike. After all, he has been begging me for years to get one.



Once we got home, Jeff pulled out his mountain bike out of the storage. We were going to take our first ride together to Blockbuster to pick up a movie and then over to the store to pick up dinner. As I got outside, it looked like it could rain so I grabbed my rain jacket. So glad I did because sure enough it was pouring rain the whole time. I was soaked! I also realized how out of shape I was. My thighs were burning! It was a uphill ride the whole way to Blockbuster. At the store, I picked up a Parmesan chicken that Jeff is now cooking for me as I'm typing this. The nice thing about riding uphill the whole way it that the whole way home was downhill. On the way back, we saw this flash of light and then a few seconds later heard this massive thunder. I was so glad when we finally arrived home. I'm tired, wet, cold, and now ready to watch our movie and have a nice dinner!

Novara Pike Mountain Bike

No comments:

Post a Comment