I went over to a friend's house today. When I entered the house I was wearing my ugg boots that Jeff bought me for Christmas. Jeff bought them for me because my toes are always freezing. I can't go to bed anymore without wearing thick wool socks. I forgot to wear socks the other night and I woke up with my toe tingling from the coldness. My fingers are always cold too. My entire life, I've always sat on my hands or kept one tucked between my legs to keep them warm. My friend's husband is a doctor mentioned that I probably have Raynaud's disease. After reading about the disease, I definitely know I have it.
According to the mayoclinic.com, Raynaud's disease is a condition that causes some areas of your body — such as your fingers, toes, tip of your nose and your ears — to feel numb and cool in response to cold temperatures or stress. In Raynaud's disease, smaller arteries that supply blood to your skin narrow, limiting blood circulation to affected areas. If Raynaud's is severe — which is rare — blood circulation to your fingers or toes could permanently diminish, causing deformities of your fingers or toes. If an artery to an affected area becomes blocked completely, sores (skin ulcers) or dead tissue (gangrene) may develop. Ulcers and gangrene can be difficult to treat.
interesting!
ReplyDeletei too have this!
ReplyDelete