Sunday, November 8, 2009

Oprah's Stepping Out of Your Box

This week I was watching the "Stepping Out of Your Box" episode on Oprah.  For those who missed it, it was about women taking control of their lives by trying new things and conquering their fears.  They had women compete in a roller derby, go skydiving, and skinny dipping.

Now I am a very fearful person.  The show really made me think about how I can step out of my own box but it also reminded me why I love Jeff.  He's not afraid of many things.  In fact, he has been skydiving, has a private pilot's license, ice climbs, rock climbs, etc.  I asked him what stepping out of the box would mean for him.  His response...base jumping.  Now I have no desire to go base jumping but I wish I was more carefree. So with that, I've created a list of things I want to do to help me conquer my own fears or just do something completely different.  Hopefully, one day soon I can say I've done them all.


Skydiving
Rock Climbing
Ice Climbing
Para Sailing
Ski a black diamond
Ride a motorcycle
Swim with a dolphin
White water rafting
Scuba dive
Go on a hot air balloon
Run a marathon
Go surfing
Build & sleep in an Igloo
Bungee Jumping
Snowmobiling
Snowboarding
Jet Ski
Snorkeling
Gymnastics


4 comments:

  1. I can take care of the jet skiing one sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done! Alright you are and I are going jet skiing this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should take a motorcycle class. I did and I feel more confident on the bike. Skiing a black diamond can be tricky, but well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I can help you with the gymnastics and running!!

    ReplyDelete