Tuesday, October 27, 2009

If I Could Quit My Day Job

If I could quit my day job, I would take off and go backpacking. Jeff and I were eating at the Pancake House this summer where we met a women hiking the Pacific Crest Trail. She started in Mexico and had been hiking almost four months by herself. She had about two more weeks to reach her destination, Canada. I just keep thinking about how awesome that experience would be! I would be so happy....just as long as I didn't see any bears. :)

My favorite trips are when Jeff and I can get away for a week of camping. This past May, we were able to explore the Pacific Coast. The first night we camped on the beach.

We were the only people on the beach for the longest time! It was so peaceful. This picture was taken after the sun had gone down. The only scary incident was when we were woken up at 1am to the sound of sirens. We both thought it was a Tsunami siren but luckily it was not.
In March 2005, we traveled to the Olympic Peninsula where we camped for a week. It was so much fun! We stayed out forever for Jeff to get this picture.

Now I didn't get much sleep this trip. I found out that Jeff likes to steal my sleeping pad in the middle of the night. So I ended up sleeping on the cold, hard ground. What goes around, comes around. Hunter now steals Jeff's sleeping pad so Jeff has learned to pack a sleeping mattress just for Hunter.


Last July, we took off for the weekend to go hiking.

We ended up hiking in a foot of snow (which we were not expecting). That trip was so much fun! I did fall into a small creek. You forget how hard it can be to get up when you have a heavy pack on your back. But even with all of the mishaps, I LOVE it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment