Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cougars

Now those who know me, know that I love camping and hiking. They also know there is one animal I do not want to encounter in the outdoors. Cougars….and I’m not talking about those older women. Statistics say I will never see one lbut what a crazy summer this has been! In August, there were four encounters with a cougar on a trail near Leavenworth. That cougar was shot and killed. Then, on September 2nd there was a cougar spotting in a Seattle neighborhood. Fish and Wildlife shut down the park, caught the 2-year-old cougar, and released it back into the wild. An hour before the “Seattle” cougar was captured; another 2-year-old cougar was hit on Highway 520 near Marymoore Park. Last Thursday, there was a cougar spotted in Snoqualmie. Then today, a person spotted a cougar at a Microsoft building just down the street from where I work. What a crazy summer this has been for the cougar population!

No comments:

Post a Comment